CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 17, 2008

Our peanut turns 1!!!

In times past I would here mothers say something like "enjoy it because they grow up so fast." Of course I would smile and say "oh yes" but I didn't really mean it. My little Kins was so little and she was just going to stay that way. She looked the same to me. But I must say this past weekend it hit me like a ton of bricks! I ordered a bunch of her pictures to place around for her 1st birthday party. Thought nothing of it, went to the store, picked them up, brought them home, and set them out. Then I sat down to look at them...my peanut is SO BIG now! It seems like ages ago that I actually saw her for the first time but it was only a year ago. In fact, at this time last year I was at the hospital in triage hoping to finally have this baby...I had already been in labor for 36 hours!!! (On a side note, I am convinced that I served my time and when we have baby #2 it will practically fall out!) That being said, it seems like yesterday that I was still pregnant with her. How can time seem to have flown by and almost stopped for an entire year?! On one hand I was so consumed with her for the past year it seems like time stopped and on the other one year went by in the blink of an eye. Am I just super sentimental right now (which is entirely possible as I sobbed through an episode of Oprah today) or is this what it is like to be a parent; relishing them and not wanting to miss a moment that you glance up and a year has gone by and finally look back at where you all have been and see that little 7 lb 2 oz light of your life has tripled in size, been to 3 different states, rolled over, crawled, walked, talked, and made you the person you were meant to be in a blink of an eye. Regardless of whether this past year was the tortoise or the hare, it is to us the best year ever!

0 comments: