CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 31, 2008

mirror images

My DH and our love angel baby Rhino #1 are the funniest things to watch sometimes. They are practically mirror images of one another. Don't get me wrong, she totally looks like me (at least the eyes anyways) but personality is all her Daddy! 

So last night we are sitting in her play room and she was causing a commotion (as usual). So my DH told her no and then she came and sat in my lap (I was sitting on the floor of course-as a mom I have realized couches are for looking at longingly to sit in and rest but knowing that if you do your little one will want up to, only to do God knows what to your beautiful couch!) Anyways, so she is sitting in my lap but still fussing so my DH again tells her no. She slides off of my lap onto the floor but really is quite comical and dramatic about it. So DH starts to laugh at her. Well she found this quite insulting and with out skipping a beat "spit" at him (technically I believe this is called blowing raspberries but we call it spitting because she is teething and spit flies everywhere. If you don't know what blowing raspberries are think of the sound you would make if you were playing cars with a little boy.)  
Needless-to-say I found this to be SO HYSTERICAL because they are so alike. It cracks me up when he asks me "why can't she just rest, or turn it down a notch" or "does she ever stop".  For those of you that know my husband, I hear the laughter coming through the computer. Of course she can't rest, turn it down a notch, or stop...she is you in the female form!! She is B-U-S-Y just like someone else I know. 
At least now he can recognize that she is exactly like him (I take that back she has a pretty good amount of patience) so I don't really have to answer him when he asks those rhetorical questions...a simple look of "are you kidding me" ends the conversation. 
On a side note, I don't think the minivan will be coming our way until we actually decide to have love angel baby Rhino #2. However, I still felt it fitting to get some new shoes this weekend...I will post photos of them!

1 comments:

Cheri w/ a "C" said...

Yes - you could hear my roar of laughter at the spitting of raspberries! too funny! Mini-me's are all about us, eh!?!!!! love it!

good luck w/ angel baby Rhino #2... God only knows what comics will be coming when he/she arrives!