CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Only half the battle

The other day my friend and I were discussing going to the grocery store with 2 little ones. Before having our little guy, I naively thought that if I could just get everything ready and make it to the store, I would be fine. Not the case! Yes getting out of the house with everything you need is a chore. Getting the kids out of the car and in the correct place (currently that is Kinz in the cart and Jax in the sling or Bjorn.) is a challenge. Keeping them in that place and happy is sometimes problematic. Shopping for everything on your list (if you could find that list!) and making it through the checkout is an obstacle. Making it back to the car with all of your groceries and kids in car seats is work out. And just when you thought you had it made...BAM...it hits you that now you must get all of those groceries out of the car and into their proper place. Inevitably when you get home, one of the kids will be hungry and need to be fed. Then the other. Then it is nap time for both of them. By the time you get both kids down, the butter that has been sitting on your counter with the rest of the groceries, is no longer a solid substance. Cheese is mushy, ice cream is runny, and milk is warm. That is usually the point that I grab a drink, sit on the couch, close my eyes, and tell myself "well at least the wine didn't spoil!"

1 comments:

Casey said...

I love that Erin :) So very true... I use to think 1 is difficult but manageable, but 2 wouldn't be that hard. WRONG! Try again... I would wait for E to get home, or call my Mom to help me. Caden is a year old (OMG!!! I can't believe I just said that) and I still hesitate to go to the store. It does get easier, as I am sure it will get a little harder (a different kind of hard) when Cade is a tad older.
I look forward to when I can grab *my* drink and know it wont spoil :)