CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

In the still of the night

Having a new baby means that I am up several times a night. I will admit that I do not happily jump out of my cozy bed, stumble down the hallway, and get my crying baby - no I grumble the whole way! But once I get there I settle into a calm about the moment. After having Kinz, I know that these ultra quiet moments with just mommy and baby are short lived. So, I settle into my oh so familiar (and comfy) rocking chair and use the time to pray over my kids, ponder the events of the day, dream for their future, and try to be the mom they deserve. When Jax is back asleep, it is off to Kinz room to recover her with her blankets and gaze at the beautiful little girl who first opened my eyes to the role of motherhood. 

I take solace that in the still of the night, I am not alone. Somewhere in this vast world, there is a mommy doing the same exact thing and this role of motherhood has bonded us. So if you are up with your little one during the night, know that I am here in my Pottery Barn rocker with a baby in my arms, and that what we are doing is extremely important and worth every wakeful minute!

0 comments: