CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 15, 2009

Books, Books, Books

One of my favorite things to do is read! I get this from my Dad who can read a 1,000 page book in one leisurely afternoon. I am not quite so lucky: not lucky enough to read that fast or have a leisurely afternoon. But, I do see the shining light at the end of the tunnel. My kids are beginning to nap on the same schedule and that means, if I am lucky, I get 2 hours of "free time." Yes, I could fold laundry, clean my kitchen, or scrub the bathrooms but lets face it...I don't want to. What I want to do, what I long for, is reading a book! Sorry, Dr. Seuss just doesn't cut it for me. 

Right now I am on a historical fiction kick. I have been reading mostly James Rollins Sigma series which I love. Steve Berry is also pretty good. I will read the new Dan Brown when it comes out as well. Before kids I loved reading crime novels but after Lisa Gardner's last novel "Say Goodbye" I have had to keep a safe distance from that genre. That book nearly sent me over the edge!! Being a Mommy has put me in a very sensitive spot when it comes to crimes and children. However, she does have a new book that is coming out as well as Karin Slaughter (good name pick for a crime novel author) and from a distance they look fairly "safe".  Any other book suggestions from out there in internet land...and no don't tell me to read The Shack! I am sure I eventually will but reread the post...I don't want to read a book about bad things happening to kids. 

0 comments: