CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My gift is my song and this one's for you

Music is something that is very constant around our little patch of heaven. At any given time we either have the laptop, ipod, radio, or tv playing some type of music. We are pretty much a fan of all kinds but there are certain songs that just stick with you. Here are some songs that remind me of people in my life:

DH: Son of a preacher man - "the only one who could ever reach me, was the son of a preacher man."
Our peanut: Maneater - this song would ALWAYS put her to sleep in the car when she was little. A guess a little Nelly Fertado never hurt anyone. 
My Mom: Anything by the Beatles - we would listen to them in the car all the time. I have her to thank for getting an A in the History of the Beatles in college. My DH has her to thank for the same reason!
My Dad: I fought the law and the law won - I gave up trying to fight the law in my early teenage years because he would always win! It is no fun trying to argue with a lawyer!!
My Brother: Anything Guns and Roses - he was the only 8 year old on our block who actually convinced his mom to buy him Appetite for Distruction when it came out. She was always a push over for him!
Ton: Pour Some Sugar on Me - On our way to Maui we were listening to the radios on the airplanes and this song came on. We both love it and have danced to it at many a clubs and weddings. So hearing it and being on the plane was not going to stop us from rockin out in our seats. I am pretty sure the boys were totally embarrassed.
Miss M: See you again by Miley Cyrus - Probably just the name reminds me of her but I also change up the chorus to say "My best friend Kinley said oh she's just being Miley."
My father-in-law: Amarillo Sky - "And he takes the tractor another round and pulls the plow across the ground, and sends up another prayer. He says Lord I never complain, I never ask why, please don't let my dreams run dry."
Cheri: Shook me all night long - her anthem! 
That is about all I can think of at the moment. What about all of you out there...any songs that remind you of someone?

3 comments:

Cheri w/ a "C" said...

Now - that was a cool post! loved reading everyone's faves!

And did you know that Big n Rich remade "Shook Me"... it's on their latest album! I just love that rendition too! I got the album because of their wedding song... I'm a sucker for tears - I have the "Dan" Gene... and that song always tears me up... along with Amarillo Sky... and Don't Go! The days are flying fast for when my young ones won't be so young...

Casey said...

I did my list of songs...

Toni said...

I love it!!! I am so excited that I made the list! I had totally forgotten about singing it on the airplane on the way to Maui...such awesome memories!! This is so great...I love it, totally made me laugh.