CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 27, 2008

Vacation!!

So my DH, our closest friends, and myself all went on vacation and let me tell you...it was wonderful! Woke up at our own leisure, had the butler (yes I said butler) bring up my coffee, lounged by the pool which was heated to the perfect temperature, and enjoyed great meals without having to cut up something into little pieces for my peanut. Yes, she stayed with Grandma and Grandpa who thoroughly enjoyed having her but were totally exhausted. 

Aside from just getting out of the heat, the main reason for our vacation was so my DH and I could reconnect. We put everything we've got into our marriage on a daily basis but sometimes the hustle and bustle of life can leave you feeling drained. We decided long ago that our marriage would always take precedent and we would do everything we could to keep it strong. Going away without our peanut allowed us to focus on our marriage completely. Before we left I mentioned that we were going away just the two of us at my ladies bible study and all of the women really supported and encouraged it. It really made me feel like I was totally doing what was right since most of those women have been married to their husbands for MANY years! 

1 comments:

Marna said...

Good for you, Erin. Always follow your gut with what's right for you and YOUR family. You are a wonderful wife and mother, and only you(meaning you and K) know what's best for the 3 of you.