CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Why we delegate

As a ministry leader at church, it is crucial to delegate responsibilities to others in order to prevent burn out. We delegate to also make sure others are included in the work of the church. We delegate to make sure people feel involved and have input on what they would like for their church. We DO NOT delegate so that one week before an event you can put it back on us and expect us to finish the job! 

Sorry, needed to vent. As my mother-in-law said, "I feel like the plate spinner on the Johnny Carson show." I have so much going on right now that the last thing I needed to was to pick up the slack for someone else. That being said, I need to sign off...I have more delegating that I need to do. 

2 comments:

Casey said...

Hello :)
I can only imagine that you are planning a TEA PARTY on Sunday. If that is the case, let me know what I can do to help you out. I am able to get out of the house now and do things... ha ha ha :)
BTW- Love the pic. of Kinley. So cute!!!

Cheri w/ a "C" said...

ouch! you go girl - make the others spin those plates! i'm getting blasted on my end because i'm showing how others can step out of their comfort zone and pick up the slack! hello - what do you mean you can't lead an opening prayer in ladies' class? these are the ones who want to 'delegate' that activity to the 10% of the ppl who already do 90% of the work!